Skills & Abilities
- Languages: Python (9 years of experience), Rust, Java, Go, coursework in C
- Tools: Git, Elasticsearch, Spark, GraphX
- Systems: Windows, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, and Arch)
- bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of California Santa Cruz
Software Engineer | Arista Networks | January 2022 - Present
- Working on network switch management
Software Engineering Intern | Arista Networks | Summer 2021
- Helped write software to manage updating network switches
Engineering Intern | 8x8 | Summer 2019
- Experimented with implementing analytics systems on graphs
Engineering Intern | 8x8 | Summer 2018
- Helped analytics department set up and transition to new database system.
- Built database management and benchmarking tools.
Technical Writing Contributor | EDGI | Summer 2017
- Contributed to Environmental Data Governance Initiative projects remotely via GitHub.
- Tested and updated installation documentation for various projects run by EDGI, a citizen
information nonprofit and helped update it.
School Technology Assistant | Summer 2015-Summer 2016
- Helped design and facilitate one-week training for new students on using Windows and Google Apps.
- Helped school transition to from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps.
- Helped maintain Windows laptops by identifying and troubleshooting broken computers.
- Was on call as tech support for teachers and students.
Capstone in Garbage Collection for Cloud Backups | Spring 2021
- Worked with a team of students to help Dell EMC benchmark cloud native garbage collection strategies
Software to Find Similar News Articles | Summer 2017-Winter 2018
- I wrote software that can identify multiple news reports on a given event or topic when given one.
- Software uses Google's Natural Language API to tag news articles which are then matched with one
another using Elasticsearch
Software for Organizing Handwritten Notes | Summer 2017-Spring 2018
- Created a piece of software that uses computer vision to help organize handwritten notes.
Computer Vision Experiments | Spring 2015-Summer 2016
- Utilized dead reckoning to build a robot that can sense and map the location of obstacles.
- Trained robot to triangulate its location using a camera and QR codes.
Capstone project in web security | Winter 2015-Summer 2016
- Wrote software that detects attempts to commandeer user accounts on websites by monitoring behavior
to provide continuous authentication.
- Gained better understanding of how to build asynchronous systems in Python by working on the project